[Durham INC] UNC-TV sponsored seminar on Smart Growth (FREE)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 14:19:37 EDT 2010

See below -- interesting seminar at The Irregardless Cafe in Raleigh (free) on
growth. We here in Durham say that we understand the concept of a "planning and
transportation theory that concentrates growth in the center of a city," but our
development practices clearly say otherwise -- consider the 751 South case, for
example ;)

I hope that a few of our county commissioners and city council members,
particularly those 'new' members, will take the time to attend this seminar,
particularly since it costs us taxpayers nothing...perhaps one of you could
mention it to them -- I've mentioned enough things to our elected officials
lately...

Melissa (Rooney)