[Durham INC] Envisioning a future for Pauli Murray's Childhood Home in West End (Oct 16)

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 12:13:15 EDT 2010

You Are Invited to a COMMUNITY VISIONING Gathering

focused on the future of Pauli Murray's Childhood Home

Saturday, October 16, 2010 (9:00-noon)
Community, Family Life and Recreation Center at Lyon Park
1313 Halley Street at Kent Street

FREE & OPEN TO EVERYONE!

Light Refreshments

Sponsored by...

* PAULI MURRAY PROJECT at the Duke Human Rights Center
* Southwest Central
* Durham Quality of Life Project
* Self-Help
* Preservation Durham
* NC State University College of Design

Pauli Murray was raised in this house by her aunt Pauline Fitzgerald Dame and her grandparents, Robert and Cornelia Fitzgerald. Constructed on the last of the land he owned in Durham, Pauli Murray calls the house "a monument to Grandfather's courage and tenacity." Now in disrepair, what can we, as a community, imagine as its future significance and purpose?

Barbara Lau, Director
Pauli Murray Project :: www.paulimurrayproject.org

To build a better Durham the Pauli Murray Project engages a diversity of residents to lift up the vision and legacy of activist, scholar, feminist, poet, and Episcopal priest Pauli Murray in order to tackle enduring inequities and injustice in our community.