[Durham INC] Theft, Shootouts, and Liquor Permits

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 13 20:58:23 EDT 2010

Dear Neighbors:

At the request of a number of INC delegates, I am adding the above issue to
our October agenda.  Peter Katz will lead off on the issue, but others will
certainly chime in.

A full agenda with the three resolutions posited last month will follow
tomorrow.

As a reminder, the resolutions currently pending concern:

1)      To support the proposed city street bonds

2)      To support legislation establishing licensing and minimum standards
of conduct for professional homeowner association managers

3)      To support legislation establishing a moratorium on new billboards
until the federal government completes safety studies now underway

We will not have a speaker at the next meeting so we can give these issues
our full attention.  Come prepared to vote on the above three issues and be
prepared to learn and ask questions about the liquor permit and crime issue.

Also, please bring your neighborhood reports.  The news has been full of
items the last few days from the creation of a new historic district in
Burch Avenue to the problem of the McPherson Hospital building in Trinity
Park.

Remember, no should have to move to live in a better neighborhood.

All the best.

Tom Miller