[Durham INC] Fw: Current Precinct List for Nov. 2

M. W. Shiflett - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 20 17:22:28 EDT 2010

Kids Voting Durham Board Members, Precinct Captains, and Friends,

We are gearing up for a great Nov. 2 Kids Voting Election and are hoping both a record-breaking number of students take part and inspire their parents and other adults in their lives to head to the polls as well.  Thanks to your support we already have more than 15 polling sites throughout Durham that will have volunteer-run Kids Voting booths from 3:00-7:30 pm on Nov. 2, Election Day 2010.

We want every young person in Durham who wants to be able to cast their vote for our U.S. Senator, House Representative, NC Legislators, and other important races and issues on this year's ballot.  If you know of a youth or community group or parent/child teams that would be interested in running a polling site, please pass the attached information on Adopting a Precinct that I have attached.  There is also a list of polls that have been adopted and those that still need volunteers in order to have a Kids Voting Booth.   As you all know, running a site is easy and very rewarding.

Like the adults, kids also now have many ways to cast their ballot.  In addition to voting at select Durham precincts, students can early vote at the Kids Voting booth at the Durham Farmers' Market Sat. Oct. 23 and Oct. 30 from 8 am-Noon or they can cast an online ballot from Oct. 26-Nov. 2 at www.kidsvotingdurham.org.  Check the website and our Facebook page next week for updated lists of polling sites and voting activities.

You can find the 2010 Candidate Guide developed by the very civically engaged students of Durham School of the Arts Octagon Service Club.  It has information and resources on the candidates and issues in the upcoming Elections that will be useful to young people and adults alike in casting an informed vote.

Thank you for your continuing support - you are the key to Kids Voting Durham's reach and impact,

Carolyn

Carolyn Kreuger

Kids Voting Durham

Durham Cooperative Extension