[Durham INC] INC Billboard Resolution

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 22 22:05:53 EDT 2010

Said like a true Past President, Anne

Most of the issues that come before INC start with a passionate reaction
from somewhere, but through the somewhat time consuming INC process,
generally, all of the emotion and anger is filtered off, and the item is reduced
to it's raw form.

It's the calm deliberation that nets INC it's respect, and results in it's
successes. I think Mike & Anne are right, that some of these words have
escaped that valuable filtering system.

If it's a moratorium we seek, it's the raw, level headed logic that  will
prevail, and raw language won't be required. I agree that some of  these
inflammatory words are rare examples of something that missed  the INC filtering
system.

There for, I make an "E" motion that Anne's substitution in red below,  be
exchanged in this resolution for the original statements, and perhaps the
neighborhoods can "E" chat about the new resolution in time for next week's
meeting. Or that we postpone the vote one cycle, if need be.

It's still a good resolution, IMHO, made better by the suggestion below. An
 "E" second anyone?

Bill  Anderson
another INC Past President

In a message dated 10/22/2010 9:30:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,