[Durham INC] Fw: oops, better version

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 13:52:57 EST 2010

Please see below. This is Kathryn Spann and David Krabbe's farm, and I can say
with confidence that her cheese is WONDERFUL. If you like goat cheese (and how
can you not?), you should definitely give this very local, Durham business a
try.
Thanks!
Melissa (Rooney)

__________________________________

Are you a fan of local artisanal foods?  Prodigal Farm is a new goat cheese
dairy in northern Durham.  We’re the only Animal Welfare Approved dairy east of
Winston-Salem – we’re serious about the health and happiness of our all-pastured
animals, and about producing exceptional artisan cheeses, breads, and
cheesecakes from our cheese.  To learn more about us, our farming practices, and
our products, please visit our website at www.prodigalfarm.com.
We’re partnering with the elegant King’s Daughters Inn, whose proprietors have
generously offered us space to run a pickup spot at the Inn once a week.  The
Inn is conveniently located next to Duke’s East Campus, at 204 North Buchanan
Boulevard.  You can subscribe to our weekly email, which will announce which
items we will have available that week, and you can email us your orders, for
pickup Thursday evenings at the Inn from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.  We will have a
special pickup before Thanksgiving, on Tuesday November 23, also from 4:30 to
6:30, and will start Thursday pickups the following week, on December 2.  Over
the coming year, we will add other products, such as pastured meats and produce,
eventually becoming a full-service CSA-by-order.
To spread the word about our cheeses and other goodies and this new pick-up
location, we will be hosting awine and cheese tasting at the Inn on Sunday
November 21 from 3 to 5 p.m.  We will have free tastings of our cheeses,
cheesecakes and bread, with glasses of well-paired wines available for purchase
by the full and half glass.  For those of you not familiar with the Inn, it's a
great opportunity to see this luxurious and gracious restoration of a piece of
Durham's history.  If you plan to come, please RSVP to info at prodigalfarm.com, so
we can be sure to bring enough goodies down from the farm!
Please feel free to forward this email to anyone whom you think might be
interested.  We’ll look forward to seeing you Sunday!