[Durham INC] Shopping to sustain Bull City (Herald-Sun)

John Schelp bwatu at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 21 07:08:59 EST 2010

"It's this great idea that people could start their shopping on Ninth Street and then they can come here, and then maybe go to West Village. It's this idea that we'll have people walking around."
--Jennings Brody, owner of Parker & Otis

Shopping to sustain Bull City
By Monica Chen, Herald Sun, 21 Nov 2010

Local merchants are coming together in the hopes that shoppers will go for "Sustain-a-Bull" gifts this holiday season.

>From Monday to Sunday the week after Thanksgiving, 21 locally owned retailers will be featuring daily events and deals to try to entice consumers out of shopping centers and malls and onto the streets of the Bull City.

Tom Campbell, co-owner of The Regulator Bookshop on Ninth Street, began the Sustain-a-Bull campaign and enlisted other small business owners in the effort. Participating businesses range from longtime retailer Morgan Imports to newly opened Uniquities.

The aim is not to beat the big box retailers but to remind folks to support their local businesses as well, according to Campbell.

"You keep your money working in the community that you live in. It's that simple," Campbell said...

Full article... http://www.heraldsun.com/view/full_story/10396544/article-Shopping-to-sustain-Bull-City

****

--> Sustain-A-Bull Shopping list

Art Craft Framing