[Durham INC] Governor's plan to cut the number of commissions

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 16 11:33:56 EST 2010

Wonder if there is a complete list of these somewhere.

Bill  Anderson

In a message dated 12/16/2010 11:23:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
freespirit0623 at earthlink.net writes:

Yes, I would have to say that anyone who isn't paying  attention to
Durham's boards and commissions isn't paying full attention to  Durham.  The fact
that so few pay attention to most of these  entities strikes me as a much
bigger opportunity for mischief than a cut  of any number.  In any case, I
don't think a number tells  you very much.  If 90% of the boards and commissions
are providing little  to no value, then a 2/3 cut is not nearly enough.  If
90% are  providing good value, then a 1/4 cut is too much.

I would be interested to hear what knowlege and  experience people on this
listserv have of the different boards and  commissions, in Durham and/or at
the state level.  I myself am in the  middle of a learning experience on
this issue.

Julie  Omohundro
Durham, North  Carolina
_freespirit0623 at earthlink.net_ (mailto:freespirit0623 at earthlink.net)