[Durham INC] [Fwd: Farm Camp]

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Tue Feb 22 21:10:31 EST 2011

Summer is around the corner and here's a great "country" camp for the kids
you might consider.

RWP

Subject: Farm Camp
From:    "Samantha Gasson" <gassonstirrup at gmail.com>
Date:    Tue, February 22, 2011 1:01 pm
To:      MorganPropMgr at aol.com

Hello,
As many of us are planning for the summer how our children will be spending
it is foremost in our minds.  Six years ago, I regretfully gave up holding
summer camps after the birth of my youngest. Having listened to the
encouragement and interest from some of you I've decided to begin again.  If
you know of anyone who might be interested please pass this information on
to them.  Session sizes will be limited.
Thanks
Samantha
477-6684

Farming Summer Camps

Session Dates and Ages:

All about Cows

June 20th-24th and July 25th-29th

For kids entering K-8th grades

Farm Animals

July 5th-8th (Mini Session) and August 1st -5th

For kids entering K-6th grades

Homestead Crafts

July 11th -15th and August 8th -12th

For kids entering 3rd -8th grades

Life in 1890

July 18th -22nd and August 15th -19th
 For kids entering 3rd -8th grades

Session Descriptions:

*All about Cows*, K-8th, limit 10 kids, $250*

This session is all about our beautiful Jersey cows and calves.  You’ll
learn how to milk, feed, halter and show them off to their best
advantage.  We’ll
end this week with a dairy show for parents and friends to attend.  You’ll
get a chance to work with the other animals on the farm as well

*Farm Animals*, K-6th, limit 10 kids, $250*

Come and follow the animals on the farm, from milking the cows, petting the
horse, collecting eggs, to feeding the calves.  We’ll also learn all there
is to know about each of the different types of animals on our small farm.

*Homestead Crafts*, 3rd -8th, limit 6 kids, $250 + $50 materials fee*

This session focuses on some lost homesteading arts including; making
butter, cheese, candles and soap plus canning.  The morning will be spent on
the farm learning how to care for the animals, including a horse, goats,
emu, chickens, and calves plus milking the cows, with the afternoon devoted
to crafts.

*Life in 1890*, 3rd-8th, limit 10 kids, $250*

Kids will learn what life was like for people and animals during 1890s all
over the world.  Not to worry, they’ll also get time to play with the
animals just like the other camps.

Counselors:

Any kid older than the camp’s allowed age can participate in the camp as a
counselor.  Kids choosing this route will need to attend one of the 2
training sessions (dates to be announced) and will be expected to help the
younger children.  The cost is $150 for each week and the possibility of a
letter of recommendation from us, based on performance.

  Please contact Samantha at

*919-477-6684* for more information.

*All animals are up to date on recommended vaccinations.

Advantages to our Camp:

1) All our animals are well cared for and up to date on all vaccinations,
including rabies, to keep your child safe.

2) Small class sizes.  All of our classes have a limit of 6 to 10 children.
We’re interested in your child and their opportunity to learn.

3) Our camps are taught by an educator with years of experience teaching and
working with animals.

About the Director:

*Samantha*

Samantha has been working with kids for the last 14 years as a camp
director, educator and parent.  She has written science curriculum for
elementary kids and tutored students from elementary through high school.  As
a parent, 4-H leader and homeschool teacher, Samantha has worked with groups
of children focusing on farming, sustainable agriculture and farming
systems.

*Please feel free to call with any questions.*

*919-477-6684*

*4610 Hall Rd, Rougemont, NC*

* *

* *

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.