[Durham INC] Farmer Foodshare launching at the Durham Farmers' Market!

Erin Kauffman eringkauffman at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 31 14:09:08 EDT 2011

We are excited to announce that Durham Farmers' Market is launching  its very
own Farmer Foodshare Donation Station this Spring.

We'd like to invite you to a volunteer information session on April 5th, at 6:30
p.m. at the Durham Farmers' Market on 501 Foster Street. We will have pizza
(first come, first served) and  a chance to learn more about this exciting
program that helps community  members in need and supports our farmers, too!

Farmer Foodshare (www.farmerfoodshare.org)  provides fresh, locally grown food
to people at risk of hunger and food  insecurity, while supporting farmers and
enhancing local economic  development. It is a grassroots, community-based
project with a range of  programs that are aimed at helping feed the hungry,
while also creating  a path to food independence for community members here in
the Triangle  and in NC.

Durham Farmers' Market is excited to start our very  own Donation Station
program to get fresh, nutritious and delicious food  to those in need in our
community and support the work of those who  grow the food, too!

Please join us on Tuesday, April 5th at 6:30p at the Market and bring a friend!
Volunteering at market is easy, fun and a great way  for all ages to get
involved with supporting our wonderful local  farmers and sharing some
nutritious and delicious food with all  community members.

Call or email if you have questions, or feel free to reach out to Erin Kauffman,
market manager at the Durham Farmers' Market at  info at durhamfarmersmarket.com

Erin

p.s. Please spread this invitation widely among your friends and local
listserves! All are invited!

------------
The Durham Farmers' Market Location:
The Pavilion at Durham Central Park