[Durham INC] Fw: DPS budget meeting TONIGHT -- email/call this afternoon...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu May 12 11:23:35 EDT 2011

Please see below. I am told that the school board and budget advisory committee
found some short-term bandaids at their meeting last night, but that even if
these are implemented 74 positions are still on the chopping block.

For the sake of all of DPS, from every angle, any positions cut must include
central admin positions (not just locations) or the rift b/w parents/teachers
and central admin will only grow larger. Everyone must share the burden ... we
are all in this together -- or are we?

Please write the school board and Dr. Becoats and insist that every level of DPS
share in what is sure to be a recurring burden for many years to come.

Melissa (Rooney)