[Durham INC] Fw: please watch Durham video (Deborah Christie)

Sean Stucker sean at preservationdurham.org
Thu Jul 21 12:39:01 EDT 2011

As an advocate for historic preservation, I would also like to draw
attention to the positive effects that preserving our built environment has
on our  communities' watersheds.  In fact, I wrote my Masters Thesis on this
very topic - *Sustaining Watersheds Through Preservation Practice: An
Analysis of the Role of Historic Preservation in Sustainable Watershed
Management* (available online at:
http://dbs.galib.uga.edu/cgi-bin/ultimate.cgi?dbs=getd&userid=galileo&serverno=9&instcode=publ&_cc=1).
It
is much better for our water and our overall environment to maintain the
infrastructure and resources in the areas where we have already disturbed
the land than it is to keep building further and further outside of town.
 Inexpensive construction, just like unhealthy food, tends to cost everyone
more in the long run.

--
*Sean Stucker, MHP
                *

*Founded in 1974, Preservation Durham's mission is "To protect Durham's
historic assets through action, advocacy and education."*
*
*