[Durham INC] Fw: REMINDER: Durham County Strategic Planning Resident Survey

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 30 23:26:05 EDT 2011

Please don't forget to fill out Durham gov't's Strategic Plan survey (link below). And don't forget to take the 2-3 extra minutes to put in your own, personal comments.

It only takes a few minutes.

FYI, I left particular comments regarding
1)  The need to maintain what little is left of Durham's rural areas and to provide even more than we feel is 'adequate' (right now we are clearly providing 'inadequate') protection via tree-save buffers to all creeks, streams and waterways into which Durham land (residential, retail and otherwise), given the sedimentation, stormwater runoff and pollution that is plaguing them.

and

2) The need for Durham government to take responsibility and to maintain and/or fix the streams on residential/private property that have been turned into high-volume stormwater runoff/drainage ditches as a result of the unchecked development upstream and the fact that our government has not held the developers of this land accountable for the runoff/sedimentation that they promised would never be a problem.

and

3) The unfairness surrounding the 751 Assemblage zoning case adjacent to Jordan Lake, and the desperate need for more transparency in government and more consideration of citizens concerns over those of special interest groups.

Thanks!
Melissa (Rooney)