[Durham INC] -Unity-

Darius Mercedes Little Darius.M.Little at alumni.unc.edu
Tue Sep 13 09:34:19 EDT 2011

For the record:  the past 2-days worth of exchanges we've witnessed are evidence as to why my neighborhood (a very diverse, and accepting, upper middle class HOA) did not want us to take-up the issue, but instead, leave it to the many, social/political organizations throughout Durham; which are more thoroughly tailored to discuss, entertain and effectively advocate for, our approved position.

Our approval of the Resolution has not helped advocate for the same-sex supporters at all (who do need our support as citizens).  And that is because INC is not structured to address political issues.  We seem to enjoy jumping-in, yes, but we're not a PAC and until we can create an efficient Sub-Committee which is created to permanently address issues we vote to tackle, that are more social/political than neighborhood-building, I submit the potential for division is too harmful.

I am saddened to see that this matter is doing nothing more than causing division in INC.  We've reached a point where our members have moved beyond discussion, to instead, insulting one another.

I am against all forms of discrimination - I just don't feel like we should approve resolutions that we can't contribute more than lipservice, or in this case, ink- to.  Not only has doing such divided our membership -and dampened a wonderful opportunity to grow the organization by sticking to a firm identity- but we've done the homosexual/same-sex-supporting community a disservice as well by having nothing else to offer them.

Sent In Love,

Darius

Darius M. Little
Executive Business Consultant  and
Strategic Marketing Analyst

(web) www.linkedin.com/in/dariuslittle

Manta Business Profile/Report:
http://www.manta.com/c/mtlwj1m/little-s-business-consulting

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." [Matt 21:22]