[Durham INC] INC-list Digest, Vol 81, Issue 35

Kelly Jarrett kjj1 at duke.edu
Tue Sep 27 12:19:04 EDT 2011

Hi Melissa--

I just saw your note. I watched the BOCC meeting last night. At one
point Michael Page noted that there were no citizens signed up to speak
during the public hearing--just Lewis Cheek and someone else speaking
for the developers.

I hope the BOCC does not take this to mean there is no opposition to
their decision. It's just that Bowser, Howerton and Page have made it
known for a long time that they're in bed with the developers on this
project. Durham citizens are not stupid and we recognize an exercise in
futility when we see one. Turning out to a BOCC meeting to oppose County
extension of sewer lines to 751 South would qualify as an exercise in
futility. But they should not take that as an absence of dissent or as a
sign of approval.

Looking forward to elections . . . . .

Kelly J.