[Durham INC] example palming off costs on the public

Christine Chamberlain christinebbd at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 8 11:33:43 EDT 2011

Pat, normally I agree with your position on topics sent to the list.  However, being the mother of a middle school-aged child, as well as the founder of the first charter school in NC, I'd like to point out a flaw in your gripe below.  Since when are parents entitled to babysitters and carpools?  Is it the government's job to babysit children?  I resent the idea that my tax dollars should pay for babysitting and carpooling someone else's kid!.  My first thought was "where are the parents?"

You are right, this IS an example of palming off costs to the public.  It's the PARENTS who are palming off their responsibility, not Kestrel Heights.

Christine Chamberlain
Founder, Healthy Start Academy