[Durham INC] Postmaster Mike King

Myers Sugg andrew.sugg at duke.edu
Wed Nov 9 16:29:51 EST 2011

When and where from me.

From: John Martin [mailto:bulldurhamnc at yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:28 PM
To: Myers Sugg; inc-list at rtpnet.org; TheOcean1 at aol.com
Cc: mike.e.king at usps.gov
Subject: Re: [Durham INC] Postmaster Mike King

I find this whole situation troubling and Postmaster King's evident indifference, disturbing.  The East Durham neighborhood listserv has had frequent complaints of incompetent service in East Durham, e.g., people who have lived at an address for years suddenly having their mail returned to senders with a notice that no such person lives at the address. Whenever one person complains, invariably three or four more chime in with recent accounts of horrible service.  I think that Postmaster King would be well-advised to make sure that his carriers are actually performing their duties competently before he worries about the placement of mailboxes.

As INC president, I'm certainly willing to lead a delegation to meet with him if he is unwilling to come to one of our meetings.  I would suggest that our President-emeritus and attorney, Tom Miller, also be included, along with City Councilman Mike Woodard, and Tracy Lovett, Congressman David Price's Durham liaison.  I would also want to include people like Bill and Myers who appear to be particularly well-versed in these issues.

I am open to anyone else attending as well.

John Martin
President, Durham InterNeighborhood Council