[Durham INC] Vote YES for charter school in Chapel Hill

Christine Chamberlain christinebbd at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 18:14:33 EST 2012

Very well written Nancy-Anne!  My daughter attended RTCA as well.

Research Triangle Academy is actually operated by Healthy Start Education, Inc., a NON-PROFIT organization I founded in 1996.  Elizabeth Morey is the current president of the non-profit.  Healthy Start Academy was the first charter school, opened in 1997, and Research Triangle Charter Academy opened in 2000, and Elizabeth Morey is the founder of the second school.  The board hired National Heritage Academies to manage the school.

Actually, my daughter attended both charter schools.

Christine Chamberlain
Founder, Healthy Start Education, Inc.