[Durham INC] Future Agenda Item: Stormwater Services and Fracking/Mineral-Rights

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 15:48:31 EDT 2012

I would really like the board to consider inviting Danielle Adams (Soil and Water Conservation District Commissioner) to discuss (1) stormwater drainage issues in Durham (like the sinkholes throughout Cleveland Holloway and the trenches being made of our intermittent streams that have been turned into storm drains) as well as (2) local fracking and sale-of-mineral-rights issues -- she has quite an immense knowledge of both. She has an excellent way of explaining the roles and challenges of Durham's Stormwater Services and the Soil and Water Conservation District. These two entities should be working together but, IMHO, more often compete with one another.

Melissa (Rooney)