[Durham INC] Homes sold in Durham minus mineral rights -- Fracking to come?

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 16:11:18 EDT 2012

I don't understand much about this mineral rights stuff. Soil and Water Conservation Board member Danielle Adams knows quite a bit more, but I was unable to talk for very long to her. I understand she may be speaking at an upcoming INC meeting...? This would be excellent for many reasons: stormwater problems, fear of fracking, mineral rights (which apparently are being sold for very little -- far less than they should be worth), etc.

I just wanted to raise the red flag by passing this information to everyone I know.
I can barely keep up with what's going on in my household these days, so I hope that, together, we can all stay informed and prevent catastrophic decisions by our local and state gov'ts...

Melissa