[Durham INC] Partisan Political Posts on the INC Listserv

Christine Chamberlain christinebbd at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 17:48:57 EDT 2012

I agree, non-partisan messages are best.  Not long ago the list-serve was rife with strife when the marriage amendment was discussed.  For those who were mercifully spared,  Inc. decided to publicly announce that Inc as a whole, did not support the marriage amendment.  A move, in my opinion, that violates Inc by-laws stating they will remain non-partisan.  (Is the definition of non-partisan to be party positions or does non-partisan include political positions on issues such as the marriage amendment.  I can't keep them straight!)

Quite a few on the list serve were unable to co-exist peacefully with my Republican views after I disagreed with the decision to speak publicly against about an amendment I agree with.

Christine Chamberlain