[Durham INC] Early Voting

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 23 18:32:56 EDT 2012

If you are going to vote early, this is the week to do it, between the eager beavers of the first week and the procrastinators of the last week.  The exception is apparently the Duke site, as many students are voting before their exams start on Wednesday.
For complete list of locations and times:  http://www.co.durham.nc.us/departments/elec/Current_Elections_Schedule_Absentee_Early_Voting.html

If you want to vote at the Duke site, there is free parking along the Chapel Drive Circle (just tell any guards you are going to vote).

As I have said before, if you want to see a sample of the ballot you will get, go to https://www.ncsbe.gov/VoterLookup.aspx?Feature=voterinfo, choose "show my voter information," fill in your name, and click submit.  On the new page, you should see "My Sample Ballot" (it doesn't work if you are doing this on your smart phone tho).  This site will also let you make sure you are registered and that you don't need to update anything (so you will really want to go to one-stop and avoid all the hassles that happen you haven't updated your registration when you go to vote on May 8).
If you know someone who is 17 but will turn 18 by November 6, they can vote for the party primaries, but not the school board or the referendum.
Regards, pat