[Durham INC] Foster's Durham Committee Interview:

Darius Mercedes Little Darius.M.Little at alumni.unc.edu
Wed May 23 15:33:27 EDT 2012

Melissa,

If I'm accused of anything, by anyone, being off with my facts is never one.

Evidently you were not paying attention, because the 1st order of business in organizing a slate was a recommendation from the floor for a slate of: Wendy Jacobs, Will Wilson and Ellen Reckhow.

Since you've questioned my memory (which is very good), I vividly recall you walking around, 3 rows behind where I was sitting (on the 1st row - Tom Miller's table side) during the exact moment of this discussion.

And that slate was about roll right through until Susan Sewell (spelling) asked to be recognized and stated, specifically: "I have a problem with a lilly white slate, when Durham is 1/2 black and we're supposed to be a progressive organization."

A few folks scolded her, but eventually, Fred Foster's name was suggested. And he was "added."

So again, Melissa, if I am accused of anything, not knowing what I'm talking about isn't one of them.  I don't speak a lot in meetings but I am one of the most observant people with whom you will come in contact.

So I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but if we were in 2 PA meetings it was because you drifted off to another one.

- Darius

Darius M. Little
Executive Business Consultant  and
Strategic Marketing Analyst

(web) www.linkedin.com/in/dariuslittle

Manta Business Profile/Report:
http://www.manta.com/c/mtlwj1m/little-s-business-consulting

"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." [Matt 21:22]