[Durham INC] American Tobacco Trail Walk and Run Day

PAC3 co.facilitator at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 23:57:45 EDT 2012

PAC Members and Concerned Citizens,

Please join us and show your support September 22nd and Walk The Trail With
A Friend. Attached you will find the flyer/announcement. Members, Block
Captains and Coordinators please print and provide to your
neighborhoods/HOA, neighborhood List Serves',  distribute at local
hangouts, grocery stores and places of interest. (Two sided to save paper
for handouts, otherwise print both page  - second contains safety reminders)

Additionally, City Councilman Steve Schewel is inviting walkers/runners
too, his message/invite follows:

Let's take the trail back by running it together in the evenings.

To that end, I'm going to be running five miles on the trail each Tuesday
evening
for the next four weeks, and I invite Forest Hills neighbors and others to
run it
with me. (No one has to run the whole five miles, of course. Any distance,
running
or walking, will do.)

We'll meet at the head of the trail, Mile 0, and run south for 2.5 miles
and then
back to the start. That will take us past Fayetteville St. and thus twice
(coming
and going) through the area where there have been the most problems with
crime on
the trail of late.

Here are the days and times I will run:

Tuesday, August 28, at 6:30 PM
Tuesday, September 4, at 5:00 PM
Tuesday, September 11, at 6:30 PM
Tuesday, September 18, at 6:00 PM

I invite anyone to join me.  Let's do some good and enjoy ourselves, too.

Warm Wishes,
Steve Schewell

Let's show Durham we care about everyone's safety on the American Tobacco
Trail.

--
Thank you for your help in getting these announcements out.
Any questions or concerns please contact your Facilitators, we are here to

Regards,
Partners Against Crime District 3

Patricia Burchett
Co-Facilitator