[Durham INC] FW: Provide your input about your volunteer involvement in water quality and watershed efforts

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:33:41 EDT 2012

I know some folks are very interested in water quality out there.  Free food!
From: michele.drostin at unc.edu
To: michele.drostin at unc.edu
Subject: Provide your input about your volunteer involvement in water quality and watershed efforts
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 20:23:49 +0000

If you are concerned about water quality and your local waterways and have
volunteered your time to attend meetings, conduct clean-ups or participate in other activities, then we would like to hear from you!  Please join us on
September 27 at 6 p.m. at
the Carrboro Town Hall for a discussion about your experiences working on local water quality and watershed issues.   The input you share will be used in part to inform future trainings and services developed by UNC Institute for the Environment, NC
 State Extension, the Water Resources Research Institute, NCDWQ Use Restoration Watershed Program, and Triangle J Council of Governments.
 Results from this focus group and others being conducted around the state will be made available to the public.

We will meet at Carrboro Town Hall board room at 6 p.m. on September 27.  The focus group will take approximately 90 minutes.  Food will be
 provided.  Space is limited to 15 so please RSVP.

Please RSVP to
michele.drostin at unc.edu or call 919-966-9802.

p.s. We are looking for the volunteer perspective.  Paid staff with watershed programs received a separate on-line survey as a part of this same study.