[Durham INC] Fw: Children's Voting Event this Saturday

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 12:56:26 EDT 2012

See below. Sounds like fun :-)
Melissa (Rooney)

__________

*Celebrate early voting with your kids-join the Children’s Voting Parade on
Saturday, Oct 20, in Durham! *
* *
*What: *KidsVoting Durham and NC MomsRising are joining forces to help
make voting a family affair. We’ll kick off the first weekend of early
voting with a special voting-related story time, opportunity for kids to
vote, snacks, and crafts at the Durham Main Library. Bring your wagons and
strollers to decorate. Costumes welcome!****
** **
Children will make their own instruments, voting banners, and flags, then
we will parade up Main St with a police escort to the downtown early voting
location at 501 W. Main St. where parents can cast their vote. The event
is nonpartisan.****
** **
*When: *Saturday, October 20, 10:30-12**
* *
*Where: *Durham Main Library Auditorium, 300 N. Roxboro St, ending at the
downtown early voting location at 501 W. Main St (old DATA bus depot).****
* *
*Questions? *Contact Beth Messersmith at 919-323-6179 or
beth at momsrising.org****
* *
*Like so many thing in life, kids will do what they see their parents
do. Let’s take our kids to vote and show them it’s something worth
celebrating!*