[Durham INC] Beasley did take 751 money---$2000

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 13 11:23:14 EST 2012

See Jim Wise's recent post below:
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/bullseye/beasley-campaign-got-1050-from-751-south-backer

And note the attached receipt for donations from Hunter. It totals $2000. I suspect he donated the other $950 after the last campaign finance reports were due, so that it wouldn't be posted before the election.

Mr. Beasley and his brother professed to me and others repeatedly that he was not receiving money from the 751 development team, waging their mother's honor on it (she was/is Beasley's treasurer, apparently). I never talked to Beasley's mother, so her honor is still intact as far as I'm concerned.

Just thought everyone should know about this before Beasley runs for another seat in government. Now that these developers can't direct our county government, no doubt they will be after the city council seats.

Cheers,
Melissa (Rooney)