[Durham INC] INC Trails Resolution

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Wed Jan 9 14:33:36 EST 2013

Please  forward this resolution to your neighborhood's listserv. If we can
vote on it  before the Coffee with Council meetings in March, our elected
officials will  know they are on the right trail. (pun intended)

Short  background:
There has been a national effort for years, it's called  Rails to Trails.
Locally,  various groups such as Durham Open Space and Trails, and some of
our elected  officials, have been working toward this worthy goal.

Many of  the rails this would effect are so over grown, it's easy to miss
them.
An example  runs between Old North Durham and Duke Park. You cross over it
on Roxboro Road,  at the Duke Park sign. You'll see it again in the valley
of Glendale below the  Markham traffic circle. It would end near the old
ballpark.

It's  appropriate for the neighborhoods to chime in. Please determine if
your neighborhood supports the idea, and come prepared to vote at the Feb 26
INC meeting.  Thanks!

Bill Anderson

In a message dated 1/8/2013 5:44:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,