[Durham INC] What's your favorite word about Durham

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 27 17:20:57 EST 2013

Please vote this week in this community art project.  Thanks, pat

STITCH is a community art project like no other. It weaves you, art and commerce in a way that's easy, intriguing and layered.

We started with a question—what would you like to see Durham become, in one word?—and collected some 250 words from more than 400 people all over Durham. Now, we are whittling them down to the most popular 50.

The voting closes this week. We want EVERYONE in Durham to participate in selecting our most ardent wishes for Durham. Please vote for your favorite words, and tell your friends!

The online form is here: http://orangutanswing.com/

We are having a final "voting station" at Fullsteam Brewery on Thursday, February 28. Come by anytime they are open and vote for your word in person!

What will happen next?
Some 20+ local artists, along with community groups and volunteers, will turn these words into art pieces. Starting mid-march, we will start sharing these results of your participation back with you. We'll mount a series of "pop-up" art shows all over town. We'll hang some in retail shops. We will have an online gallery where you can "back" these art pieces.