[Durham INC] FW: Long-Range Transportation Plan review

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 18:55:09 EST 2013

I'll try to take a look at this but my main focus in next week will be UDO.  Regards, pat

Subject: Long-Range Transportation Plan review
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:56:26 -0500
From: Andrew.Henry at durhamnc.gov

A Public Comment Period on Future Transportation Projects Why did I get this email?The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) is inviting all citizens to review and comment on the final long-range transportation plan.  You have participated in past MPO events and the MPO welcomes your continued involvement. What is this program?The DCHC MPO programs state and federal transportation projects in our region.  The MPO is reviewing the report for their long-range plan on future transportation needs and inviting citizens to participate.  The public comment period will be from Thursday, February 28, 2013 to Wednesday, April 10, 2013. How can I participate?There are several options for participating, including: www.dchcmpo.org -- Web site provides: §  A description and presentation (tables and maps) of the final plan – See the “Final Long-Range Plan” Web page or use this link:http://www.dchcmpo.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1§  An email and postal address for making comments.  Public Hearing – Citizens can provide feedback to local elected officials (Transportation Advisory Committee); Wednesday, March 13, at 9:00AM in the Committee Room (2nd Floor of Durham City Hall, 101 City Hall Plaza).  Persons with disabilities will be accommodated -- provisions must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. Who can I contact?Comments and questions should be directed to:                Andy Henry, City of Durham, Transportation Department               101 City Hall Plaza               Durham, NC  27701               E-mail:  andrew.henry at durhamnc.gov    Phone:  (919) 560-4366, ext. 36419 Haven’t I seen this Plan Before?You might have reviewed or provided comments on a draft or final long-range transportation plan over the last year.  This current step is a review of the report for the final plan, i.e., the 2040 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) that the TAC (MPO’s board) approved in December 2012.  This report has the same transportation projects and financial elements as the final plan with the addition of information on how the plan was developed and meets federal guidelines. Is There an Air Quality Element?The MPO will also release the Air Quality Conformity report by the second week of March 2013.  The AQ report ensures that the 2040 MTP meets federal air quality standards.