[Durham INC] Durham's words: STITCH word-voting extended until Monday

Akira Morita akira at design-kompany.com
Fri Mar 1 19:04:16 EST 2013

Hi Everyone!

The community art project *STITCH* is going to be featured in the Durham
News on Sunday. *We decided to leave our online "voting" survey up until
Monday, March 4th*, in order to accommodate those who might learn about the
project for the first time in the paper.

*So, if you haven't put in your two cents, now's the time!*

What is STITCH?
—it's a community art project where you give a whole bunch of one-word
manifestos for Durham to the visual artists and community makers in town,
and watch the resulted artwork spring up all over town. We have about
twenty artists ready to take the final 50 words from us, and turn them into
pieces of art. We plan to take them around town in a series of pop-up art
shows, and have community members and groups chip in and make something to
hang, too.

The online survey, as well as more information about the project, is here:
http://orangutanswing.com/

The big goal of STITCH is to start open conversations about Durham's future
with and among the residents. Hope to see you around town and hear your
take someday soon...

Thanks,
Akira
Orangutan Swing