[Durham INC] Neighbors! Please support local artists and a community engagement program

Akira Morita akira at design-kompany.com
Tue Apr 9 17:47:14 EDT 2013

Wanted to make sure you didn't miss out on this. We *just* launched a
Kickstarter campaign for "STITCH Durham," a project that connects artists,
citizens, and the community we share, in a way that no other self-organized
initiative's done before.

If you are unfamiliar with the term, Kickstarter is a "crowdfunding" site,
where creative projects of all kinds raise funds from individual
contributions. The "kickers" get various "rewards" depending on pledge
level, and money and rewards exchange hands only if a project gets funded
fully.

Our STITCH Kickstarter campaign is Durham's first online pre-sale gallery,
with this theme: "What could Durham become?" 21 local artists created
proposals and prototypes based on some 276 words picked for Durham by
residents and Durham-lovers everywhere.

Pledge amounts range from $1 to $900, and many pieces will _only_ be
produced once the campaign is fully funded, making citizen participation
and support *the key part* to *creating opportunities* locally, for Durham
artists to make new works for people who live and work right here.

Check it out!:
http://kck.st/14QGtWF

Many rewards are limited in number, and the campaign runs just for 19 more
days. If you are an art supporter or know friends who are, please share
this link and pledge today!

Thanks,
Akira
Akira Morita
To Veer is Human.

Design Kompany
Orangutan Swing
*STITCH*
*A community-sourced, dialogue-driven art project*
"Give us a Word, and we'll give you Art" http://orangutanswing.com/