[Durham INC] April 30 deadline: Durham K-2 bookmark contest (Earthday, SWCD)

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 14:59:44 EDT 2013

I was informed today that the Soil and Water Conservation District has very few entries for their Earthday bookmark contest for grades K-2.
If you know any elementary school teachers or substitute teachers, or if you substitute yourself, perhaps you can get them to take 30 minutes of a day to let their students design a bookmark. The teacher can then submit them all together, or (s)he can call the SWCD and they will send someone to the school to pick them up!
It is really a shame how few people enter these wonderful educational contests for Durham kids.
More info below.Thx for caring, and for helping all of our kids to care!Melissa (Rooney)
K-2 Grade Bookmark Contest - through the Soil and Water Conservation District (on Foster St. near Central Park and Farmer's Mkt) - Deadline April 30.
Info at links below:
http://dconc.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=5496

http://www.heraldsun.com/durhamherald/x145781079/Earth-Day-bookmark-contest-open-to-k-2-students