[Durham INC] [oldnorthdurham] Save Liberty Warehouse

erica zajac erica_zajac at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 16:11:00 EDT 2013

How can we possibly stop this from happening tonight? I think it is a horrible idea to tear the warehouse down or to remove landmark status... by the way, how are they even allowed to do this? Isn't a landmark named as such for historical purposes? Isn't this somehow illegal? I share your concerns Peter and do NOT want to see a historic landmark removed. How distressful and disrespectful to Downtown Durham and the significance of this warehouse.

I AM VERY MUCH OPPOSED to this action. IF this happens I will campaign to replace EVERY single council persons seat that chooses to allow this travesty to happen. If decisions about historic landmarks are not a priority, our charming city will soon be taken over by CORPORATE America. There is a reason I do not live in Raleigh and why I do not want any historic site be trashed for monetary reasons. Vote to respect Durham!

Erica Zajac Pokrass