[Durham INC] Tom Bonfield to Address INC about City Budget

Interneighborhood Council interneighborhoodcouncil at gmail.com
Tue May 28 10:01:50 EDT 2013

INC Delegates,

Tonight, Tuesday May 28, is our regular monthly delegates' meeting.  I have
attached the meeting agenda, and reproduced it below.  Please print a copy
for tonight's meeting.

I am delighted that our City Manager, Tom Bonfield, has agreed to talk
about his proposed City budget for the upcoming fiscal year.  In
particular, I asked him to discuss the difficult choices that he and the
City Council have to make:  whether or not to have tax or fee increases,
and which programs to spend our scarce dollars on.

As usual we meet in the Neighborhood Improvement Services Conference Room
on the third floor of Building #2, Golden Belt Arts Complex, 807 E. Main
St.  Any interested citizen of Durham is welcome to attend.

John Martin, President
InterNeighborhood Council of Durham

*InterNeighborhood Council of Durham*

Delegates’ Meeting, May 28, 2013

Welcome and Introductions, 7 p.m.

Approval of April Minutes

The City Budget Choices, 2013-2014--Tom Bonfield, Durham City Manager

DOST Resolutions--Will Wilson

Committee Reports

          a)  Zoning and Development.  Co-Chairs:  Tom Miller and Pat
Carstensen

          b)  Membership and Outreach.  Co-Chairs:  Dick Ford and Don Lebkes

          c)  Nuisance Abatement.  Chair:  Peter Katz

          d)  Speeding and Traffic.  Chair:  Phil Azar

          e)  Transit, Sidewalks, and Bicycles.  Chair:  Scott Carter

          f)  Public Spaces and Environmental Issues.  Chair:  Deb Hawkins

Traffic Separation Study Debacle:  John Martin, Phil Azar, Eric Heidt

Neighborhood Reports and Announcements

           a)  Cell Towers and the Board of Adjustment:  Dorothy Croom and
Dolly

             Fehrenbacher, Stage Stop Neighborhood

   b)  Other Reports

  Adjournment