[Durham INC] FW: [whhna-list] Bogus mailbox letters

Marge Nordstrom nordstrom.marge at gmail.com
Tue May 28 12:41:25 EDT 2013

This is just so frustrating.  I know the situation goes back to at
least January 2001 when I moved to Durham.  The P.O. bullied me and stopped
my mail, etc.  Fortunately, it was  time when we had the same mail carrier
over time, and he helped me get their actions stopped.

Newcomers to neighborhoods are typically not yet on the neighborhood
listservs, so they receive these letters without knowledge.  Even if the
"service change" is reverted, so many people will already have paid for new
mailboxes and their installation (not inexpensive), and that expense isn't
right.

The house next door to me sold several years ago, and fortunately the
former owners brought to my attention a letter that had arrived saying the
service needed to be changed.  I told them that wasn't correct and they
alerted the new owners.  Now the house is being sold again, and I have
asked the current owners to make sure to alert the new owners.

What does it take to get the agreements in writing?