[Durham INC] Durham's Farmers' Markets and Farms

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 18:14:00 EDT 2013

Ok, it's been textified (and hopefully remains accurate):

Durham Farmers Markets

LoMo Market
Serves as a farmers market on wheels making regular stops throughout the
community.  For a complete schedule visit the website
http://lomomarket.com/

Ninth Street Bakery Farm Stand
136 E Chapel Hill St, at Five Points, Downtown Durham
919-688-5606
Ninth Street Bakery Farmstand is a co-op of local growers selling local
and non-certified organic veggies along with eggs, pesto, and other
products.  Located in front of the Ninth Street Bakery.
Hours
Friday– 11:00am-2:00pm
http://ninthstbakery.com/farmstand.html

South Durham Farmers Market
5410 Hwy 55, Greenwood Commons Shopping Ctr.
http://www.southdurhamfarmersmarket.org/
The market offers a wide array of new vendors selling a huge range of
products– meats, berries, vegetables, bread, cheese, plants & do treats.
Hours
Saturdays, year-round 8am– 12pm

Bull City Urban Market
800 Taylor St, Downtown Durham
(919) 683-8659
Bull City Urban Market promotes food justice by providing local fresh,
healthy affordable produce, meats, seafood, dairy, grocery items and art
in Northeast Central Durham.
Hours
Monday - Friday 7:30am - 9:00pm
Saturday 8:00am-10:00pm
Sunday 8:00am-1:00pm

Duke Farmers’ Market
Located on the lawn off Research Drive between Nanaline H. Duke and
Bryan Research Building

All farmers at the Duke Farmers Market are locally owned and operated,
and all are family owned. Many of them have ties to Duke. A few select
vendors complement our farmers' fare. Duke Campus Farm; Fernrock Farm;
Harrington Farms; Lyon Farms; Muddy Dog Roasting Company;
Olifant+Castelo Herbs & Spices;   R & V Farm; Sarah Harrell Produce;
Sunshine Lavender Farm; Walker's Farm
Hours
Seasonal– lunch time
http://www.hr.duke.edu/benefits/wellness/farmers/thisweek.php

Durham Farmers’ Market
501 Foster St, Downtown Durham
(919) 667-3099
Durham’s largest farmers’ market, offering fresh, locally grown produce
(including organic), herbs and other plants, eggs, meats, cheeses, and
more from over 60 local vendors as well as a hot spot for several mobile
food vendors.
Hours
Saturday, 8am-12pm (Apr-Nov)  10am-12pm (Dec-Mar) Wednesday,
3:30pm-6:30pm (May-Sep).

University Flea and Farmers Market
3117 Shannon Rd
919-599-6166
http://universityfleaandfarmersmarket.com/
120 Shops featuring fruit and vegetables markets, ice cream, and more.
Hours
Friday– 8am-5pm
Saturday– Sunday, 7am-4pm
Durham Farms
(Tours available by appointment)

Durham Farms

Architectural  Trees
6404 Amed Road, Bahama, NC
(919) 620-0779
Specialty tree nursery primarily serving homeowners, plant collectors,
and landscape designers.  Our mission is to find, grow and promote
highly ornamental cultivars of trees that grow well in the Piedmont of
North Carolina. Also u-pick blueberries in season. Call for more
information.
http://www.archtrees.com/

Ganyard Hill Farm
407 Sherron Rd
(919) 596-8728
Authentic working farm with family-friendly activities, including
hayrides, crop mazes, a pumpkin patch, fishing pond, and barnyard
animals. Hours vary by season. Fall hours: M-Sa, 9am-7pm; Su, 10am-7pm.
#http://www.pumpkincountry.com/

Herndon Hills Farm
7110 Massey Chapel Rd
(919) 544-3313
Pick-your-own blueberries, blackberries, and muscadine grapes. Harvest
times and available hours vary by season. Please call for hours.
http://www.localharvest.org/herndon-hills-farm-M7600

Page Farms
6220 Mt Herman Rd
(919) 596-3227
Farm with pick-your-own strawberries, farm tours, hayrides, and pumpkins
in season.
#http://www.pagefarmsraleigh.com/

Snikroc
5220 Wake Forest Hwy
Pick-your-own tomatoes and blueberries, as well as a
soft-serve-ice-cream stand open summer evenings.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Snikroc-Farm/361877592541

Waller Family Farm
5005 Kerley Rd
(919) 225-4305
Working farm offering pick-your-own strawberries as well as other
fresh-grown fruit and vegetables for sale seasonally.
Hours
Monday– Saturday 8am-7pm starting in late April
http://www.wallerfamilyfarm.com/Site/Welcome.html

Elodie Farms
9522 Hampton Rd , Rougemont, NC (919) 479-4606
Family-owned farmstead offering goat cheeses, produce, and more for
local farmers’ markets and specialty restaurants. Tours available; call
in advance.
http://www.elodiefarms.com/

Eno River Vinyards
3111 Hamlin Rd  (919) 781-4596
Amateur winemaking operation providing and selling several varieties of
grapes to wineries throughout the state. Tours by appointment only; wine
not available to the public.
http://www.grovewinery.com/vineyards.html

Prodigal Farm
4720 Bahama Rd, Rougemont, NC   919-477-5653
We produce exceptionally fine Animal Welfare Approved artisan goat
cheeses, meat and more, on our 95-acre historic farm.  We host three
open farm days each year, and can arrange private tours and group
tasting events.  In spring, robust adults can volunteer to help with the
daily feedings of our 100+ baby goats.  We regularly offer inventive,
seasonal farm-to-table dinners prepared by our own chef.  We also offer
cheesemaking and goat husbandry workshops.
www.prodigalfarm.com, and follow us on facebook for upcoming events.

Bull City Farm
4610 Hall Rd, Rougemont, NC  919-477-6684
We are a small sustainable family farm in Northern Durham County.  We
offer grass-fed beef, pasture-raised lamb, free range eggs, herbs and
seasonal produce.  In addition, we offer a variety of classes for
adults, summer day camps for children of all ages and tours by
appointment.
www.bullcityfarm.com

CSAs

New Oaks Farm Coop CSA
A cooperative CSA that brings you the best of several farms based in
Northern Durham/Orange and Southern Person Counties.  Our user-friendly
web-based ordering system allows you to build your CSA box item by item,
choosing from produce that we'll harvest and pack just for you!  We
offer a complete range of seasonal produce, eggs, grass-fed beef, and
heritage-breed pastured pork and chicken. Pick up your share each week
from one of four convenient locations throughout Durham (Durham Garden
Center on Hillsborough Rd, Summit Church on W. Club/Carolina Av,
Gunter's Greenhouse (Hwy 70/Angier Rd, and Evergreen Nursery on Hwy
54/Barbee Rd).  Our CSA runs from April to Thanksgiving and allows you
to cancel a weeks delivery or your season subscription with no penalty
and allows you to pay weekly after your box is delivered.
http://www.newoaksfarm.com/index.html

Green Button Farm
Green Button Farm is a sustainable family farm that meets the unsatiated
need for quality produce and pastured raised poultry and beef in Durham,
NC. The mission of Green Button Farm is to be a year-round local source
for high quality produce, pasture raised poultry and beef grown at our
farm using sustainable and responsible principles that result in safe,
chemical and antibiotic free food and a healthy environment. Offers CSA,
Poultry, eggs, Gifts, Pork, Beef, Farm To Table Dinners, etc.
Contact Info:  email- info at greenbuttonfarm.com , phone- (919) 236-7573,
Address: 9623 Roxboro Rd. Bahama
http://www.greenbuttonfarm.com/

--