[Durham INC] Proposed Resolution on Cleveland-Holloway Local Historic District

Matt Dudek matt.dudek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 11:36:01 EDT 2013

Hi Richard,

I live in the neighborhood (Cleveland-Holloway) and support this resolution. We have only 2 neighbors that have asked to be removed and we have only 2 owners of a vacant parcel that oppose the Local Historic District. The vast majority of neighbors have supported, and this will help protect the cohesiveness of the neighborhood, it will protect the historic homes that have been a large part of the reason for our neighborhood's resurgence, and it will protect the significant risk and investment new homeowners have put into rehabbing many vacant and abandoned homes.

I don't think the objections of, literally, a couple of homeowners should prevent the INC from supporting this district.

Thanks for your question, Dick, and thanks for reading you all.

Matt
502 Mallard Ave.
—
919-381-7577