[Durham INC] The fat berg

Janet Martell ninth.st at frontier.com
Tue Aug 6 17:04:02 EDT 2013

> And as cars get safer for drivers, pedestrians need to watch out
> http://www.theatlanticcities.com/commute/2013/08/pedestrian-killed-traffic-crash-us-every-2-hours/6425/

The solution to pedestrian fatality rise? "The DOT is offering $2 million in new grant money for 22 cities with pedestrian-fatality records worse than the national average to try out new education and enforcement initiatives."

Sounds like "blame the victim" to me. Ensuring adequate sidewalks and crosswalks, slowing traffic effectively, and cracking down on cellphone use while driving would be my first thought.

Jan, C&H