[Durham INC] Reminder of INC Bike/Ped/Transit Committee meeting on Wed 10/23, 6:30pm, Alivia's

Scott Carter carterjs at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 21 18:44:38 EDT 2013

Hello INC bike/ped/transit folks,

This is a reminder of our INC bike/ped/transit meeting on Wednesday,
October 23, 6:30-8:00pm at Alivia's on Main St.

Here is a tentative agenda:
- Sidewalk priorities and processes - continue discussion from earlier
meetings
- Review/status of key bike/ped/transit initiatives that are underway
     o   American Tobacco Trail Phase E
     o   Main St. Bridge replacement
     o   Durham bike-ped Corridor study (Morreene, Hillandale, Cornwallis,
Carpenter-Fletcher)
     o   Old CH Road project
     o   Durham Access to Transit Study
     o   Duke Beltline
     o   NCDOT 2016-2022 Transportation Improvement Program project list
     o   Durham Play Streets program
     o   Watch for Me NC campaign
     o   Traffic Separation Study
-  Safety issues
     o   ATT safety and Trail Watch group
- Other
     o   How do we get more children to walk or bike to school?
- Identification of key projects for the committee to work on
- Other topics raised at the meeting

For reference,
- 2006 Bike Plan and 2006 Ped Plan adopted by the city
http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/transportation/bike_plan.cfm
http://www.bikewalkdurham.org/BPAC_pedplan.html

Let me know of any other topics that you would like to discuss.

I am copying the entire INC listserv on this announcement.   Anyone who is
interested in these topics is welcome to attend.   Thanks.

Scott

Scott Carter
__O
Project Manager, IBM xSeries OEM Sales & Operations
_'\<,_
phone: (919) 543-2436   t/l:  8-441-2436   fax: (919) 486-0380  email:
carterjs at us.ibm.com        (_)/ (_)
address:  IBM,  Dept 8R0A / Bldg 205 / Rm L109,  3039 Cornwallis Rd, RTP,