[Durham INC] Copperhead snakes are active & are poisonous; walking trials in Eno River State Park

Deborah Christie dchristie1 at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 21 19:01:05 EDT 2013

Excellent site for identifying NC snakes:  http://www.herpsofnc.org/herps_of_NC/snakes/snakes.html

I grew up in Orange County, NC, and have lived in Orange and Durham counties virtually all of my life.  After hearing about copperheads for 64 years, I finally saw my first copperhead a few weeks ago through glass doors on the south side of our Orange County home, slithering along our Chapel Hill gravel path.  It was large and impressive, and I did not know what it was until I identified it on the site above.

Best,

Deb Christie