[Durham INC] Fw: Durham Art Walk Holiday Market: Shop Local!

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 09:15:44 EST 2013

See below. This is a great way to support local artists and the Durham Arts Council -- double whammy!

On Wednesday, 13 November 2013 9:10 AM, Durham Arts Council <durhamartscouncil at durhamartscouncil.pmailus.com> wrote:

Sent by: Durham Arts Council
Reply to the sender

DURHAM ART WALK HOLIDAY MARKET 2013

DON'T MISS THE 2013 DURHAM ART WALK HOLIDAY MARKET!

November 23-24, 2013
Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday 1 pm - 5 pm
Produced and presented by the Durham Arts Council

Join us for the a festive celebration of downtown Durham at its holiday best!

With a plethora of talented local artists and 21 sites, thousands of art lovers will swarm Downtown Durham for a weekend full of art and exploration of all that Durham has to offer including: dazzling examples of local visual artists, interactive art displays, brand-new imaginative window installations, great shopping, world-class restaurants, cheery live music, and more!

Check out all the participating artists HERE!
hh
www.durhamartwalk.com

The event is free and open to the public, rain or shine.

The leaves are changing, there's a chill in the air, and the holidays are just around the corner! Celebrate the season by exploring the wide array of artistic talent the Durham community has to offer!

dj

Durham Art Walk artists can be found at the Durham Arts Council, the Durham Convention Center Grand Ballroom I, Vega Metals, the Museum of Durham History History Hub, Net Friends, and Urban Durham Realty.
All locations are within a couple blocks of each other in downtown Durham's City Center for your shopping convenience!

Lisa Goldstein
   Paintings

Liz Moran
   Prints and Mixed Media

Maria Downton
   Glass

Patti Lamb
   Custom Clothing & Accessories

Kim Kirchstein
   Fabric Art

Bob Gordon
   Woodworking

Erin Hathaway
   Jewelry

Christie Chronister
   Metal sculpture

Jill Davis
   Photography & Much Much More!
Stop by the Durham Arts Council (site 1) for artists, live music, the Yelp table featuring holiday gift wrapping, and the chance to bid on fabulous original art furniture by Vega Metals in the Durham Art Walk Silent Auction! Also browse the Durham Arts Council's rich collection of vintage t-shirts and totes for easy Durham-centric stocking stuffers or a treat for yourself!

Music is in the air for the Holiday Art Walk!

Don't miss live musical performances at the Durham Arts Council Pavilion (Site 1), the Durham Convention Center Grand Ballroom I (Site 13), and Vega Metals (site 18). Musical performances at the DAC and the Durham Convention Center Grand Ballroom I are organized are organized by Kirk Ridge from the North Carolina Songwriter's Co-Op. Musical performances at Vega Metals are organized by Squier Red of the Squier Red Blues Band.
hgff

To see the entire Durham Art Walk Spring Market Performance Schedule, visit our website!

   Don't forget to stop by Vega Metals (site 18) to pick up their annual ornament!
You don't want to miss these!

Pick up a copy of the Durham Art Walk Holiday Market map, printed by The Herald-Sun, at the site nearest you (programs and maps available after November 17), and start planning you route now!

The Bull City Connector is a Fare FREE bus service that connects many of the Durham Art Walk locations and runs on Saturday only every 20 minutes.

Special Thanks to our Sponsors!

Patron
Durham Convention Center
Franco
Vega Metals/Cricket Froge
Yelp

Friend
Net Friends, Inc and SciMed Solutions
Pleiades Gallery

Through This Lens Gallery

For links to all our sponsors' websites, click here!

For more information regarding the Durham Art Walk, please contact Lindsay Gordon,
Artist Services Manager, at lgordon at durhamarts.org
or phone 919.560.2719

Durham Art Walk is presented & produced by the Durham Arts Council
  This e-mail was sent from Durham Arts Council
Immediate removal with PatronMail®
SecureUnsubscribe.
To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link.
To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link.