[Durham INC] Durham History Groves

Steve Channing schanning at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 20 17:38:08 EST 2013

I submitted this information several days ago, and as a newcomer to the
list, I wasn't sure when it would be distributed, so apologies for the
duplication.  This is in reference to the Museum of Durham History's
"History Grove" project.  To help celebrate those who have left Durham a
better place, and to widen the "footprint" of the Museum, we've begun to
create small groves of trees, a bench, and a plaque honoring a worthy
citizen of our past.  I attach a document we send out to interested
communities.

The first Grove has been established at the Central Park farmer's market,
honoring our friend and mentor Dr. John Hope Franklin. A new site is being
developed on Main Street and in the Burch Avenue and Augusta neighborhoods
in West and East Durham. We would welcome inquiries from other communities
interested in participating, and honoring an individual, family, or
organization.

Feel free to write or call me to discuss developing one in  your
neighborhood!

Dr. Steven Channing

http://www.videodialoginc.com/

(919) 244-4043