[Durham INC] poor Triangle Transit bus driving

Josie McNeil riojosie at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 18:43:16 EST 2013

While heading for New Hope Commons at 4:35 today I witnessed Triangle Transit bus number 400 turn off Mt. Moriah Road into the shopping center at the 2nd entrance (near  Dicks Sporting Goods) making a left hand turn from the middle lane that should have only been going straight, at the end of a yellow light and as a red light began.   I had watched as the bus driver tried to get traffic in the left turning lane to allow them into the flow but they never got a break but kept moving forward.

Bus drivers (and all of us) need to plan well in advance to be in the lane we want to be in more so than ever at this time, especially when trying to get into shopping areas.

If you have influence in the bus driving world, please pass on reminders as to how to best manage this sort of situation.  I imagine they are under pressure to keep time schedules that may need to be adjusted at this time.

josie mcneil
Lochaven Hills
Northern Durham