[Durham INC] council's decision regarding deer hunting

Michael Brooks mbrooks at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 9 18:23:20 EST 2014

I've attached the approved ordinance from the City of Durham. If you
read through -- it's not very long -- you'll see that the hunter
mentioned below was in violation for a bunch of reasons. (Pity there
isn't a law requiring good manners or good sense . . .)

Hunters must have in their possession a valid hunting license, written
permission from the property owner, must not be within 250 feet of any
occupied building, AND can only hunt in a designated deer hunting
season. The Urban Archery Deer Season is open only from Jan. 11 -- Feb.
15. So our esteemed hunter wasn't even hunting during deer season!

Hopefully, other hunters will be better at knowing their rights and
their limitations. One rotten apple, etc.

Mike