[Durham INC] Planning Commission endorsement

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 29 13:37:01 EST 2014

Dear INC officers, delegates, and friends:

Last night the INC voted to endorse my application for a seat on the Durham
Planning Commission.  I am very grateful to you all for this and for your
confidence in my ability to serve the community as member of the commission.
If I am appointed, I will always be mindful of your support and the
expectations which flow from it.  Ordinary citizens from every neighborhood
in Durham have been overwhelmed and excluded by the complexity of Durham's
UDO and frustrated by the processes by which our most important land use
decisions are made.  My only ambition in seeking this appointment is to try
make this situation better - to help ordinary citizens participate in the
planning process fully and in an informed way.

The city council will make its appointment as early as next week.

Thank you once again.

Tom