[Durham INC] Charge Ahead Durham - additional information

tfreid at dconc.gov tfreid at dconc.gov
Tue Feb 4 11:45:58 EST 2014

Thanks, Melissa, for spreading the word about Charge Ahead Durham!  Just to clarify - We expect to have the site ready for registration by the end of the week, but people can go there now to sign up to get notified when the challenge begins (www.ChargeAheadDurham.org).  Here is some additional information if people couldn't open the attachment:

Get ready to Charge Ahead to a Greener Durham in the coming year!  Charge Ahead Durham is a fun, new program that makes it easy for you take actions in your everyday life to help the environment, save money, and improve your overall well-being.   We will provide actions and clear guidance on steps you can take to save energy, conserve water, reduce waste, and connect with nature.  You report back on what you've done and get entered to win awesome prizes every week. We will be launching soon, but you can sign up now to get notified when the program starts.  Whether your motives are leaving a better world for your children, saving money or simplifying your life, Charge Ahead Durham has something for you.  Go to www.ChargeAheadDurham.org to sign up now!

We already have some amazing prizes including dinner for 4 at Piedmont, a bicycle from New Belgium Brewing, green cleaning services, LED lightbulbs, container gardens, and more.  We will be giving out at least 2 prizes a week and then several grand prizes.  We certainly would welcome other prizes to be donated!

Charge Ahead Durham is designed to involve people from all walks of life and on all levels of current environmental awareness. You do have to have some ability to access the website, either from a desktop or mobile device.  For more information, contact the City-County Sustainability Office at 919-560-7993 or ChargeAhead at dconc.gov.

Tobin L. Freid
Sustainability Manager
Durham City-County
(919) 560-7999