[Durham INC] DRAFT January minutes

Scott Carter carterjs at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 4 11:45:46 EST 2014

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the suggestion to improve this resolution.     I agree with your
point that resolutions are generally more effective if they minimize the
use of emotional or
controversial language.    However, in this case I'm afraid that our
process will not allow your suggestion to be considered.  The resolution
was already fully approved
at the meeting, and in my opinion it is too late to consider a proposed
change.    My understanding from our bylaws is that the INC's official
business is to be only
conducted at our delegate meetings, and occasionally as necessary in
executive committee meetings, but the bylaws do not provide for business to
be conducted
on a listserv.   So even if there was support for your change, our process
would not allow it to be made at this point.

I do appreciate your interest in reviewing the resolution in this level of
detail and for taking the time to express your concerns for enabling the
resolution to be as effective as possible.

Scott Carter
INC President