[Durham INC] Fw: Support the Arts in Durham

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 12:09:01 EDT 2014

Please see below and consider supporting this very worthwhile organization/program.
Thanks!
Melissa

On Friday, 6 June 2014 2:36 PM, Durham Arts Council <durhamartscouncil at durhamartscouncil.pmailus.com> wrote:

Sent by: Durham Arts Council
Reply to the sender

#SupportDurhamArts

Show your support for the arts in Durham today!
June 30th is the end of our fiscal year and we need your help to grow and sustain the
Durham Arts Council’s Education and Outreach Programs.

The arts are a significant part of Durham’s cultural heritage and are helping make Durham what it is today: a dynamic city with a vibrant, creative economy. Durham’s non-profit arts and cultural community provides $125.5 million in annual economic impact.
Your contribution will directly support:

Community Arts Education
Durham Arts Council’s Education Initiatives: Artist Residency Program – CAPS and Arts School

CAPS (Creative Arts in Public & Private Schools) teaches and strengthens core academic subjects through interactive arts-based classes for more than 20,000 children in our area schools each year. The Durham Arts Council School offers life-long learning through performing, visual and literary arts classes for more than 4,000 children and adults of all ages and levels of experience each year.

Community Access to the Arts
Providing the Arts for All in our Community

Durham Arts Council is a center for the arts, and each year hosts over 5,200 events and programs, receives more than 400,000 visitors, and supports over 60 arts organizations that develop and showcase their work at DAC. The DAC’s Durham Art Walk showcases Durham artists in our revitalized downtown and our CenterFest Arts Festival brings the community together to enjoy high quality visual and performing arts.

Community Funding and Support of the Arts
Building our Creative Community

DAC Directs over $1 million in funds each year to local artists, arts organizations, arts workers and arts-related vendors through grants, fees for contract services, salaries, and art work sales each year; showcasing and supporting the work of over 1,100 artists and 100 arts and cultural organizations in our community.

Every gift, regardless of size, makes a significant impact.

 connect with us
  This e-mail was sent from Durham Arts Council
Immediate removal with PatronMail®
SecureUnsubscribe.
To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link.
To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link.