[Durham INC] Protest Petition Bill Update

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 14 23:42:21 EDT 2014

Dear Neighbors:

I have been informed tonight that Senate Bill 734, the bill which would
repeal the right to file a protest petition, will come up for consideration
tomorrow, Friday the 15th.  The bill has been in conference committee and I
do not know what changes the conferees may have made.  My sources have not
seen a draft.  I know that I am not giving you much time, but if you can
fire off your last e-mails to your legislators, please do so right away.
Tomorrow's sessions in both the house and the senate begin at 10 a.m.  The
info on how to contact your senators and representatives are in the e-mail I
sent you Wednesday.  It is below.

Thanks for this one last push.

Tom Miller

Durham